2017-18 Elementary Faculty & Staff
Flowers are blooming and bees are buzzing!
Bees aren’t the only thing buzzing! The buzz at Clopton has been about MAP testing! Effort and perseverance describe our 3rd-6th grade students as they completed the MAP assessments in Math and ELA during the month of April, with 5th grade finishing up this first week of May. Grade 5 had an additional assessment in Science. I am very proud of the diligence and hard work our students and teachers showed as we continue to work together to provide our students the BEST possible education.
May District Assessments:
Students have already taken the Aimsweb assessment last fall for Math and Reading as a baseline measure. We also did a winter benchmark and will once again take it this spring. The purpose of the exam will be to measure student growth. Students are also assessed with the Fountis & Pinnell LLI system. Between the two assessments, we can measure students’ reading levels and provide support to students by targeting certain skill areas if necessary.
A Multitude of May Activities!
• The first two events will bring music to your ears! Our 5th-12th Grade Spring Concert will be held on Tuesday, May 2. Ms. Seers has been working very hard to prepare students for this concert. You won’t want to miss out! Grades Pre-K through 4 will have their Spring Concert on May 7 at 6 p.m. Mark your calendars for both of these wonderful musical events!
• Parents, if you are able, please feel free to join us for the Clopton Elementary Spelling Bee for grades K-5. It will be on Monday, May 14 at 9 a.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room.
• From hula hoops to song and dance routines, you will see it all at our Annual Talent Show on Tuesday, May 16 at 1 p.m. in the Old Gym. Third and fourth grade students will “wow” us with their many talents!
• Walking Club will be going to Purina Farms this year! Mrs. Kathy Gregory has set Thursday, May 17 for the trip. Details about the trip will be sent home soon! Students love this trip and have been working hard to “rack up the miles” all year with Miss Kathy!
• Track and Field Day, something that all students look forward to every year, has been set for May 21. Students in grades K-3 will participate in the morning and students in grades 4-6 will participate in the afternoon. A big thank you to PTO who will be on hand that day to provide students with a refreshing snack!
• We will also be hosting the grades K-5 Awards Ceremony at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 22. The 6th grade Award Ceremony will also be on Tuesday, May 22 at 8 a.m. Both award ceremonies will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room. We would love to have you join in our celebration!
• Pre-K will have their graduation for Kindergarten-ready students on Tuesday, May 22 at 11:30 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room. Miss Haley and Miss Debbie have been working hard to prepare for this event!
I hope this newsletter finds everyone ready for a sunny spring! With just a little over 3 weeks to go, summer is right around the corner. Please note that our final day of school will be May 22 with an early dismissal of 12:05 p.m. (due to snow make up days). Have a wonderful summer!
Mrs. Linda M. Henderson