2018-19 Elementary Faculty & Staff
APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS....
MAY FLOWERS BRING...??
A MULTITUDE OF ACTIVITIES! Wow! Once again, the school year has flown by! As the old saying goes, “Time flies when you are having fun” and working hard, which the students and teachers have certainly been doing as they recently finished up MAP testing!! I am very proud of the diligence and hard work our students and teachers showed as we continue to work together to provide our students the BEST possible education.
May District Assessments: Last fall, students took the Fountas & Pinnell LLI assessment as a baseline measure for reading in comprehension and fluency. Students were also assessed in reading and math using AIMSWEB. Both of these assessments were done this past winter as well. Students will prepare to take the same assessments one final time this year. The purpose of the assessments is to show student growth. Staff and students have worked hard all year long.
A Multitude of May Activities!
- The annual Field Day will be held on Friday, May 3. Rain date is May 10. K-3 events will be in the morning with Grades 4-6 events in the afternoon.
- This next event has all the right “notes”, music notes, that is! Our PreK-6 Grade Spring Concert will be held on May 9 at 7 p.m. Mr. Heyel and the students have worked hard to prepare for the concert, so you won’t want to miss out!
- Can you spell that please? The K- 5 Spelling Bee will be held on Wednesday, May 15. Grades 3-5 will begin @ 8:30 a.m., with Grades K-2 following at 10:00 a.m.
- Wild about Walking Club? Walking Club will be heading for the St. Louis Zoo this year for its annual trip. Mrs. Kathy Gregory set Thursday, May 16 for the trip. Details about the trip will be coming home soon! Students look forward to this trip all year long and have been “racking up the miles” with Miss Kathy in Walking Club. Please watch for the field trip permission form to be signed!
- 6th grade students are pumped up for the Quarterly Incentive for 4th Quarter! The date is still in the planning stages, but we are looking at Friday, May 17. Students have certainly earned the right to celebrate by keeping great attendance, turning homework in on time, having no disciplinary issues, and passing all classes.
- The last day of school, May 17, will mark several celebrations! The 6th grade Awards will be held at 7:45 a.m. with grades 3-5 following at 8:45 a.m. and finally grades K-2 at 9:45 a.m. All three celebrations will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room.
- From gymnastic routines to solo songs, you will see it all at our Annual Talent Show on Friday, May 17 at 2 p.m. in the Old Gym. The event will feature 3rd and 4th grade students who will showcase their talents!
I am sad to say that this is my last article for Clopton Elementary. It is with a heavy heart that I will bid Clopton goodbye at the end of June as I have decided to retire this year. I want to take time to be with my granddaughter and future grandchild due in October. I have been blessed to work with a wonderful staff here at Clopton who have been like family to me! The staff and students at Clopton will always be near and dear to my heart! Clopton is truly an amazing school and community!
Yours in education,
Mrs. Linda M. Henderson